Today I left my University’s Halls and moved back home (hence toady’s late blog post) which means the end is in sight and I’m very close to finishing and handing my dissertation. The deadline is 26th September but it’s got to be done and handed in before then as I will I be at my Dad’s in Spain on that date so the plan is to hand it in on the 17th
Once the dissertation is handed in (and I’m back from my Dad’s) it’s going to be full steam ahead with job hunting. I know it’s going to be tough and probably a long and frustrating process, so to keep me sane and to not get too disheartened I’m composing a list of things I’m going to do to take my mind off the latest rejection.
– Finish the Power of Five series by Anthony Horowitz. I’ve read the first four but then there was a gap of 4 years between book four and the fifth and final book so naturally I’ve forgotten pretty much everything about the story and characters. I know I could probably look up the plot synopsis of the books online before reading the fifth book but this series was a favourite of mine when I was a teenager so I really want to appreciate the finale properly.
– Watch the Lord of the Rings extended blu-ray edition. I love Lord of the Rings but I’ve never watched the extended edition, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen pretty much all the deleted scenes via YouTube but I really want to see them as a part of the finished film.
– Watch Young Justice
– Get a better sleeping pattern
– Watch Slumdog Millionaire – this might need a bit of explaining. Basically Slumdog Millionaire has been sitting on our DVD hard drive since we recorded it off the TV in January 2010. My mother and I have still not watched it – that’s 4 and a half years! We really need to watch that damn film if only to get it off the hard drive.
– Finally get Netflix. Yes I’m probably the only person in their early twenties that does not have Netflix. There’s so many shows I’ve heard nothing but good things about such e.g. Breaking Bad, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black and many many more. And then I can watch even more films via Netflix.
– Read. I’ve got over 70 books on my shelves that I’ve never read and post-dissertation would be the perfect time to read for fun. I have been reading this year during University but the majority of it has been short YA books or comic books and graphic novels as they are much easier and quicker to read and can give me a short break from the dissertation.
So yeah, they are just a few of the things I want to do when I’m no longer writing my dissertation – it’s going to be weird to be no longer working on my dissertation but I’m definitely looking forward to having a bit of rest.