I was tagged ages ago by Chelsea at BFTReviews to do the Summertime Madness book tag and now that summer is coming to an end (even though we’ve had more sun these last few days than in the whole of August!) I thought I really should get this tag done quickly!
1. Show a book with a summery cover!
2. Pick one fictional place that would be the perfect destination for a summer vacation!
Narnia, though obviously when the White Queen has been defeated and it’s sunny and all the animals and creatures are happy.
3. You’re about to go on a flight to your summer vacation. But you want to read a book that lasts for the whole flight, what novella do you choose?
I haven’t read many novellas but as I’m slowly making my way through The Lunar Chronicles I’ll pick Fairest by Marissa Meyer. I’ve not actually read it yet so no spoilers please!
4. You have a case of summertime sadness what happy book do you pick up to shine a smile on your face?
I have to say I very rarely reread books but anything by Sophie Kinsella makes me happy but especially Can You Keep a Secret? I laughed out loud multiple times reading that book.
5. You’re sitting at the beach all alone…which fictional character would be your beach babe?
Murtagh from The Inheritance Cycle – though I can’t really imagine him on a beach.
6. To match your ice cream you want an icy cool sidekick! Which fictional side kick do you pick?
“Captain” Carswell Thorne from The Lunar Chronicles (though I’ve only seen him in Scarlet so far) He’s probably not icy cool, though he likes to think he is, but he would be a lot of fun to hangout with during the summer.
7. Share the Summertime Happiness! Who do you TAG?
I TAG these wonderful people (sorry if you’ve done the TAG before) and anyone else who fancies it!