I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by the awesome Amber at Only True Magic – if you like books, check her out! She nominated me absolutely ages ago so sorry it’s taken me so long to get around to doing it! I thought as it’s the holidays and almost the start of the new year it would be cool to do the award now so I can share some great blogs you should follow!
I’ve been nominated for the award before – you can go here to check out my answers and find some other awesome blogs – but I liked the questions Amber posed and it’s always nice to see that someone likes and appreciates your blog.
So without further ado, on to the award!
– Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated me and include the Liebster Award sticker in the post.
– Nominate 5-10 other bloggers and notify them of this in one of their posts.
– All nominated bloggers are to have less than 200 followers.
– Answer the 11 questions posed by your nominator and create 11 different questions for your nominees to answer. Or, you can repeat the same questions.
– Copy these rules into your post.
Questions to You:
Have you listened to Ryan Adams’ cover album of 1989? If you haven’t, hop on Spotify right now and listen to it. If you have, OH MY GOD ISN’T IT SO GOOD?
Haha! Indeed I have, well I’velistened to most of it. I did quite like it, especially his cover of Bad Blood but I do prefer Taylor Swift’s original versions on the whole.
Out of all of the thousands of memes on this planet, which ones are your favorite?
“One does not simply….” I think it’s from my love of The Lord of the Rings and Sean Bean that that one is my favourite.
Think back to the books you read last year. Which one would you never read again and why?
Crash and Burn by Michael Hassan.
I just did not like this book. I didn’t like any of the characters but I got so far into it I felt that it’d be a waste if I stopped reading it. If you want to know more about why I disliked it so much you can check out my review.
If you could have any superpower, which one would it be?
Telekinesis – I’d just love to move tings with my mind and it’d help me be super lazy.
How do you feel about book trailers?
I don’t really have any feelings about them to be honest as I don’t really watch them. I think one of the only ones I’ve watched that the made me want to find out more about the book was one for The 5th Wave.
Which recent releases seemed to be favorites within the bookish community, but you didn’t really feel yourself vibing with?
I don’t really know because the bookish community is often so focused on new YA releases (not that this is a bad thing) and I’m trying to make my way through my bookshelves that have unread books from about five or six years ago on there. I have to say I’m not a John Green fan, I’ve read Looking for Alaska and The Fault in Our Stars and liked neither of them. Also I have no desire to read any Rainbow Rowell, I just don’t get the appeal personally.
Which book series that didn’t tickle your fancy would be better if written by a different author? (ie: Twilight by Scott Westerfield?)
Oh wow this is a tough question! I’ve never really thought of anything like this before. How about something really random and weird like The Mortal Instruments series by Meg Cabot? No that could be fun.
What’s your favorite tv show on Netflix/Hulu right now?
I’m so bad at watching TV shows and I’m probably one of the only people in the UK who doesn’t have Netflix. That being said, I’ve seen the first episode of Daredevil and have been meaning to continue with it because I really enjoyed the first episode and Jessica Jones looks cool too.
Why do you think it’s so difficult to come up with unique and interesting questions so that the people participating in these awards don’t have to answer the same eleven questions over and over again?
Haha! There’s so many standard questions people ask like favourite colour/food/alcoholic beverage or what Hogwarts House would you be in – I’m not saying that they’re bad questions but they’re pretty standard. So then people like to mix it up and think of different stuff where you can actually feel like you’re getting to know the person but with so many people participating in these awards there’s bound to be some repetition.
Donna Meagle and Tom Haverford from Parks and Recreation believed in one thing and one thing only: “Treat. Yo. Self.” What’s one thing you like to splurge on to treat yo self?
I was going to say books or DVDs but really I think it’s got to be comics. I don’t go to my favourite comic book store Orbital Comics that often so when I do I can easily spend £50 or more – I think the most I spent in there in one transaction was £85.
Imagine your favorite tv character thrust in the middle of The Hunger Games. How do you think they’d fare?
As it’s like the only TV show I watch religiously I’ll go with Aaron Livesy from Emmerdale. I think he’d do OK. He’s strong and resourceful but also too kind-hearted for his own good, I could see him taking some of the younger tributes under his wing and then maybe dying to protect them. Or he’d keep to himself and wait it out for a while and then use his fists and maybe a crowbar to win.
My Questions (and I’m totally gonna borrow some of Amber’s questions!):
– What’s your favourite alcoholic beverage?
– Do you know what Hogwarts House you’d be in? Has it changed from when you first read the books?
– What is your go-to song to help cheer yourself up and/or make you feel like a badass?
– How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
– What’s your favourite book that you’ve read this past year?
– What did you want to be when you grew up?
– Do you have that one actor/actress that you’ll see their films no matter how terrible they might be?
– When going out with friends, do you prefer staying in at one of your houses, going to a pub/bar, or going clubbing?
– If you had a time machine, would you rather go forward in time or backwards? If backwards, is there anywhere in particular you’d like to go?
– Libraries, book stores, or online book shopping?
– What are your top three most played songs in iTunes?
Do let me know if you participate in the award – I love seeing peoples answers to my obviously well thought out and serious questions! 😉