Last month (wow I’m late at getting this posted) I was nominated by Markus from The Marcko Guy for the Liebster Award. Thanks so much dude and I can’t quite believe it’s the fourth one of these that I’ve been nominated for. Still, it’s a good way for you guys to get to know me (if you’re interested) and to shine a light on some great blogs.
So the rules are simple. Answer the questions given to you by the person who nominated you (and don’t forget to thank them), nominate some other people and give them some more questions and share the love.
So without further ado, here’s my answers to the questions Markus gave me:
1.Is there a movie remake that you actually think is good?
I’ve seen very few remakes and originals if that makes sense. I do love The Magnificent Seven (1960) and think it’s great which is obviously a remake of Seven Samurai (which I haven’t seen). I hope the new Magnificent Seven film which is out later this month is good because I pretty much love the entire cast and I love the director.
2. You’re gonna be stuck in a prison cell for a long time, name three books that you’d bring with you to pass the time.
– The Martian by Andy Weir because it’s my new favourite book and it’d make me laugh.
– The City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin because it’s the last book in an epic trilogy that I love but I haven’t got around to reading the last book yet.
– The Last Man Standing by David Baldaci because this book has been on my shelves for a good ten years and it’s long so being locked up in a cell for ages would give the perfect opportunity to read it.
3. Are there any movie adaptations that you think are better than the book it’s based on?
I’m not sure about better but I think The Martian is pretty much a near-perfect book to film adaptation. Oh but I will say The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy is better than the books, mainly because I found the books so descriptive it was a bit hard to get through and obviously that’s something that you didn’t have to worry about with the films and the films made Sam more of a hero.
4. Best/Worst film you’ve seen so far that came out this year?
Best: There could be quite a few to gain this accolade but I’ve got to go with Star Trek Beyond because of how much of an impact it’s had on me.
Worst: Unfortunately, it’s Jason Bourne. It’s not exactly terrible it just feels very pointless and doesn’t add anything new to the story.
5. Should the United states presidential campaign of 2016 be called Tron or Clump?
I like the sound of Clump – wasn’t there some film with a family called Clump? Or maybe it was with a K, I don’t know.
6. What was your favourite toy as a kid?
Oh wow erm… I had a lot of cuddly toys but I think my favourite was Scamp from The Lady & the Trap sequel. I took him everywhere!
7. Global warming: Scientific fact or total bullshit?
Scientific fact. While some of the things happening to the planet might be “normal” or have happened before in the earth’s vast history, you can’t deny that humans and the way we use energy is having even more of a negative effect on the planet.
8. Is there a song that always gets you emotional/makes you cry?
See You Again by Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth. It’s probably going to be a bit of a cliché choice in the future but that song made me cry when I first heard it in the cinema and whenever I hear it I still get a bit emotional.
9. What’s your favourite documentary film?
I can’t say I’ve watched many documentaries but I watched Miss Representation recently and really enjoyed it. it’s about representation of women in media (or the lack thereof) and how that can affect both young girls and young boys. If you’re interested in feminism and media, I’d definitely recommend checking it out.
10. Cats or dogs?
Dogs. Always dogs. Nothing wrong with cats it’s just I’ve just always grown up around dogs. To be honest, my Instagram is mostly made up of pictures of dogs that I meet.
11. What is your most anticipated movie of 2017?
My first thought was Black Panther but then I remembered that it’s actually not out till 2018 (Why Marvel Gods?! Why?!) so when it comes to 2017 my most anticipated film is probably Hidden Figures because I love true stories about important, great women that history has forgotten about.
Now here’s the people I’d like to nominate (apologies if you’ve been nominated before (I might have even nominated you before!), it just means you’re extra awesome)
And the questions:
1. Do you have any go-to comfort films you watch when you feel a bit down or upset?
2. What’s your favourite animal?
3. Has a book ever made you cry? If so what was it?
4. What song is currently stuck in your head? Or what was the last song to get stuck in your head if you’re currently song free?
5. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character and if so who was your first fictional crush?
6. What’s your opinion on internet friends? Are they as good as real life friends or are they not really real?
7. Do you have any weird habits?
8. When it comes to big stuff like politics, do you think you’re up to date with everything or do you not really pay attention unless it’s something really big? (No judging from me either way, politics can be disheartening)
9. What did you want to be when you were little?
10. Do you have a favourite superhero?
11. What was the last film you watched? What did you think of it?
And there’s my questions and nominees. Hope they make you think a bit and thanks again to Markus for the nomination. I may be slow at getting around to answering things like these but I will always get to it eventually.