I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award over a month ago now (oops!) by Lauren at Never Anyone Else – thank you so much for the nomination, it’s always a nice surprise when something like this happens. You should totally check out Lauren’s blog too by the way – it’s rather awesome!
The Blogger Recognition Award was originally created by Eve at Edge of Night so thanks for creating such a cool award.
Here are the rules:
– Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
– Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
– Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
– Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
– Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
My blogging story:
This blog is two years old as I set it up in summer 2013 but I only really started blogging properly and regularly from January 2014. Since then I’ve been posting reviews or ramblings on books and films twice a week. The main reason I started this blog was because I wanted to have an outlet for my love of films and my thoughts on the film industry. I was starting to do some job hunting for work in the film industry soon realised that it was good to have an online presence to easily show potential employers that film was my passion. Since then this blog has evolved into a book/film blog with a bit of my life on the side and I’m enjoying the blogging experience. (more…)